2011 Grand Traverse County Home Sales

Stability was the key to Traverse City & Grand Traverse County area real estate in 2011. The year end results (January 1 – December 31st) have been posted in the graphs above. The home sales statistics compare real estate housing sold in Grand Traverse County from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 to the same time period in 2010 and 2009. This includes the townships of Acme, Blair, East Bay, Fife Lake, Garfield, Grant, Green Lake, Long Lake, Mayfield, Paradise, Peninsula, Union, Whitewater, and the City of Traverse City.

As you will notice in the housing sales data posted above, 2011 residential real estate sold in Grand Traverse County has increased slightly compared to 2010 in terms of average selling price (+ 1.2 %) and total units sold (+1.2 %). We also saw a promising increases in residential sales volume (+ 2.4 %). The only decline we saw in the Grand Traverse County sales statistics was the median sale price dropping from $145,000 to $141,000 (-2.7 %).

This report is based upon sales information obtained from the Traverse Area Multiple Listing Service from 2009-2011. Undisclosed sales are not included in the data. This is for basic review purposes only. All attempts for accuracy have been made but cannot be guaranteed.

Jonathan Oltersdorf, Oltersdorf Realty, LLC
Phone: 231-271-7777
E-mail: jonathan@oltersdorf.com